Sunday, February 12, 2012

Feb. 10th: On stage at Work

When I considered a career in theatre administrations, I started thinking about what my dream job would be.  What I came up with was the opportunity to produce theatre full-time as an administrator, while being given the chance to perform on the theatre's stage at some point in a season.  I don't know what made me so lucky but that's exactly what I got.

Every year Pacific Theatre has its annual improv show, SIDESHOW, that in the last few years I have been privileged to be a part of.  It took me a while to get into it because I hadn't done an improv for at least four years by the time I started at PT.  After a few drop-in workshops I got back on the horse and was invited to participate in the show and have been a part of it ever since. It's pretty amazing to be a part of the theatre's season - even if only for a weekend event.  It's pretty awesome feeling like I'm being invested in as an employee as well as an artist.  I didn't know how realistic my career goal was, but I'm grateful that I was able to find it.


No comments:

Post a Comment