Sunday, February 05, 2012

Feb. 4th: Settling Upper Canada!

So much awesome in one evening.  After a full day of cleaning and doing laundry I was welcomed by Luke who came in and said "I'm taking you to dinner.  How soon can you leave?"  I still wanted to finish folding laundry but I knew there would be something significantly wrong with me if I turned down his awesome offer for the sake of having my clothes a little less wrinkled.  So I got ready and we made our way out for an awesome dinner at one of my favourite restaurants.

Then off to an evening of Settling Upper Canada!  We all know the board game, Settlers of Catan.  Well good pal Josh thought it would be awesome if he made his own version of the game and called it Settlers of Upper Canada.  The game is played almost exactly the same, but the concept is different and the tiles are all crafted.  I got a little confused by the crafting as there was now a brown tile, which I mistakenly thought was wood, but apparently it was intended to be fur (thereby replacing the sheep resource).  So inspired by the new Canadian theme, the new resource quickly became the beaver resource.  Very Canadian and hilarious, and therefore awesome!

It was such a great night.  Crafts and board games = AWESOME!  Thanks Shay and Josh!   

No comments:

Post a Comment