Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Feb. 7th: Stylin!

It's an awesome day when a complete stranger asks for a moment of your time to give you a compliment.  As I was getting off the bus I had someone stop me on the street to talk to me.  He was on the bus as well and noticed me.  He said he was a stylist from Paris and had just come to Vancouver and he really liked my style.  He asked my height and commented on my body (somehow without seeming creepy) and started talking about how he would love to work with me about how I could further my styling capabilities.

I had to break it to him that I had absolutely no funding to afford a stylist let alone the styles he would likely put me in.  In fact, the outfit that he had complimented me on cost me $20 (excluding my $50 winter coat).  He seemed understanding and just grateful for the chat and the opportunity to talk about his business.

I am well aware that there's a very good chance that he wasn't even a stylist (especially after googling the business name he had given me).  And yes - there's a chance that he was using it as an excuse to hit on me (which - again - he managed to do without being creepy at all).  But it doesn't change the fact that it's awesome to have someone stop you on the street to pay you a compliment!

No comments:

Post a Comment