Thursday, February 16, 2012

Feb. 13th: Sparring with Teacher!

After another class of Cardio Kickboxing I have come to realize just how desperately I need the class.  While I wouldn't call myself a lazy person, I would say that I'm out of shape and extremely weak.  Fortunately for me this week I was partnered with the teacher.

Truth be told, the last time I did Cardio Kickboxing it was back in high school and my good friend Julie was teaching.  I don't remember ever sparring with anyone, but rather just ended up following the sequence of punches and kicks.  But in this class the majority of the class is spent sparring with partners, switching back and forth between who is holding the pads and who is throwing the punches.  It ends up being a full workout, but with enough opportunities to catch your breath - you know, for those people like me who are need to catch their breath.  But this week was different.  When you're partnered with the teacher, there's no chance to switch.  So I ended up getting twice the workout that I usually do.

It was awesome to push myself even more than usual.  I don't know if it's something I'd hope for every class, but it was good for the one class.  And the timing couldn't have been better, because that just happened to be the class when I was getting picked up, and therefore didn't need to worry about walking to the bus.  After a full hour of lunging and kicking, my legs were feeling a bit wobbly.  Hopefully that will stop being the case by the end of these 12 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment