Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Jan. 31st: Play it again Sam!

Here are some things that are awesome:
1.  Classic private eye movies
2.  Live Musical Parodies of classic private eye movies
3.  Having one of your favourite actors perform the role of the private eye in the musical parody of those classic private eye movies.

Tuesday night I got a second chance.  Exactly one week prior I was supposed to go see a late-night theatre show, but instead ended up curled up in the fetal position on my couch trying not to throw up.  My staying home was the right choice, but I was sad to miss the show.  Fortunately all I needed to do was apologize for never being able to use my tickets, and presto change-o - they were moved to the following week. Awesome!

So I was finally able to go see Gunmetal Blues, and somehow even managed to get a sick Luke to drive an hour into town to come join me.  I felt really bad about having him come out when he was really sick, but I knew he loved the genre so I trusted him to make the right choice.  And I think he did, because we had a blast at the show.  It was so much fun and Andrew Wheeler was amazing as Sam the private eye.  In general - it was a great and classic night.


No comments:

Post a Comment