Monday, February 20, 2012

Feb. 17th: Support from the Audience

Okay - so I had a show on Friday night.  I'm not going to sugarcoat things.  It really wasn't a great show for me.  My fellow performers were great and extremely supportive, but for some reason I was having a rough night.  Fortunately I had some great support in the audience.

It's amazing how a friendly face in the audience can make a huge difference to morale.  Seeing Luke out there supporting during the show, and hearing his distinct laugh helped me out a lot.  But most importantly when the show was over and I was beating myself up, it was really nice to have someone try to save me from myself.  I can't say that he was successful (I am pretty strong and determined after all), but knowing that I at least had his support and encouragement was a really nice feeling.

Maybe one of these days I'll take his advice and be a little less hard on myself.  Maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment