Monday, February 13, 2012

Feb. 11th: The Quick Dash to the Airport

This morning I was able to sleep in without any real plans for the day other to perform in the improv show late at night.  And then at some point in the day I received a phone call from my Mom telling me that her travel plans had changed and that she would be in Vancouver for a few hours in the evening.  Having experienced a weekend in the life of Alison in December, she was expecting to hear that I would busy.  But she also knows me well enough to know that if I will meet up with her at any cost so long as I can find some time.

And that's just what I did.  I needed to be at the theatre for 8pm, but she landed at 6:15 giving us just enough time to have a bite to eat at the airport and catch up before we bid farewell for another few months.  It was a quick visit, but one that I was extremely grateful for.  On the way to the theatre I of course became a little mopey.  It's hard saying good-bye.  During the visit everything seems so normal.  It's as if no time has past at all.  Then after every good-bye reality kicks in again.

I miss my family.  But I made my choice to live in Vancouver, because my life out here is completely awesome.  So if that means that I have to make short trips to the airport just so I can get a couple of hours in with family - I will take it.  Love you lots Mom!  Looking forward to seeing you again in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment