Monday, February 20, 2012

Feb. 19th: TV Movies

Have you ever had that experience of having every intention to see a movie, but never actually make the effort to actually see it?  And then all of the sudden one quiet night at home while channel surfing you find the movie playing on TV.  Yeah - pretty awesome, eh?  Well that's what happened to me on Sunday.

After a good and redeeming improv workshop, I enjoyed a rare night at home.  Because I like to enjoy my spare time watching TV I started flipping through channels, and what did I find playing but The Blindside.  After hearing surprisingly good things about this movie, and its Oscar wins I really wanted to see the movie.  I clearly didn't want to see it badly enough, because if I had I actually would have taken the effort to rent, stream, or somehow see the movie.  But no - I just happened to be sitting at home looking for something to watch and it made it's way to me.

I'm glad I finally got to see it.  It's still a fairly sentimental and hallmark type movie, it does have a lot of substance, and Sandra Bullocks performance was certainly worthy of her Oscar win.  What a great way to spend a portion of my Sunday before falling asleep extremely early - which, by the way, is also quite awesome. Especially when it is very clear that your body needs it.  I strongly recommend both sleep and The Blindside.

No comments:

Post a Comment