Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Feb. 26th: Epic Snowfall!

Okay - so on my fairly lazy Sunday the most epic and awesome thing happened to me.  First of all I was in a really fantastic mood - and that's always awesome - but then while I was walking home from getting some groceries something crazy happened that made my face hurt from smiling too much.

So, for those who don't know, Vancouver weather can occasionally be a little schizophrenic.  There are the odd days when the weather just doesn't know what it wants to be.  Recently there was a bright and shiny and then spontaneously hailed for no reason.  Today wasn't quite like that, but it was awesome.  On my way to get groceries the sun was shining and it was gorgeous which is probably what put me in my good mood to begin with.  But after getting my groceries I started my long walk home and realized that as I stepped outside that the weather wasn't quite as nice as it was on the way down - but that wasn't going to ruin my mood.  After all, it was still sunny to the East and West, but right where I was there was this dark slightly ominous cloud and in the distance I could see the cloudy streaks of precipitation.  I thought to myself "Oh well.  At least it's not raining on me right now."  Still I continued my not so short walk home listening to some showtunes.

As I approached my street, I noticed this small white flake float down to the ground.  I thought "That's weird.  There's only one."  Then a good 10 seconds went by and then I saw another solitary flake float the ground. "But it's sunny" I thought while looking to the west.  Then I looked up and with the wind blowing my hairback and the epic sounds of I Am Africa (from The Book of Mormon soundtrack) in my ear, I noticed that just up the hill there were LOTS of snowflakes coming down.  But to the East and West, nothing but sun.  Well - hello face muscles!

It seemed like the last few times it has snowed in Vancouver I have been stuck in a basement office just hearing about and not experiencing it.  But not this time.  No - this time someone made sure that I was going to enjoy the snow in one of the most epic and awesome ways possible.  And I am so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment