Monday, February 20, 2012

Feb. 18th: Party at the Legion!

Birthday Parties are a given awesomism.  But when you host a birthday party at a Legion with a live band and shuffle boards then the awesomeness of the party is increased exponentially!

Legions are amazing places.  They are these historical venues, with cheap drinks, fun activities, lots of open tables, a great group of regulars, and if you're lucky you'll even get a live band who play some classic songs.  So when my good friend Linsy chose to host her b-day party at a Legion I was super excited.  It was a great way to have a really fun night out, and still be able to mingle and chat with all of the party-goers.  We were able to drink, dance, and catch up while even getting a few rounds of shuffle board.

I seem to recall playing at least some version on shuffle board at some point or other.  Or at least I remember a varnished board with targets that required throwing circular disks down a cornmealed surface.  Whether it was actual shuffle board or not, I don't know.  But I certainly do not recall it ever being so hard.  When we shuffle boarded at the Legion, it was amazing how much all of us young'uns were struggling with what seemed like such a simple game.  We were lucky when were able to keep the disk on the board long enough to even be counted as 1 point.  And then we'd look next to us to watch these older couples landing there disks in the 2 or 3 point sections with what seemed like little to no effort.  I hope that some day I become good enough to do that, but I cannot conceivable figure out how to make that happen.

Linsy - thanks so much for the great party!  I hope you had as much fun as I did.  Happy Birthday!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had fun! I didn't get to play shuffleboard, so we'll have to go back at some point!

    ReplyDelete