Thursday, February 23, 2012

Feb. 23rd: Finding a way out of a jam!

After leaving a number of minutes after my friendly colleagues I walked into the Parking Garage to find them stuck in a bit of a jam.  They were stuck between a concrete post and a rather large truck with very little room on either side.  Fortunately with my new obsession with Discovery Channel's new show Canada's Greatest Know-It-All and the recent episode where they need to find their way in and out of tight spots, I looked at the space around the car and realized that it was ample room for them to get out.  All they needed was a little guidance and whole lot of trust in me.

I will admit that if I were the one behind the wheel I probably would have had some reservations about moving with only mere inches to spare, but Andrea clearly has a lot of faith in me.  Which clearly she should have had because with some team work and some running back and forth between the front and back of her car with accute awareness of her clearance on both sides, we got the car out! YAY!

I know some people might think it's silly for me to consider this today's awesomism.  I'm sure a lot of people could have found themselves out of the jam with no problem.  But I am generally not one of those people, so the fact that I had a brief lapse of spatial confidence that a good friend believed in and the result was a sheer success ... well I think that's pretty darn awesome!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's pretty darn awesome too! Without your over-confidence I would have been stuck sitting there for a verrrry long time. Way to save the day!

    ReplyDelete