Thursday, February 16, 2012

Feb. 15th: Let them eat cake!

Generally I'm not one to take pride in plans falling through, but when my romantic gesture of making a double-layer cake for Luke turned into me making two layers and only icing one - that meant that there was a whole other layer of cake to deal with?  What to do, what to do?

I actually wanted to leave the cake at Luke's place.  I had made it for him, and I really didn't want to have to take it home with me.  I already had a lot of sweets to get through before the beginning of Lent and I didn't want to have to worry about another one.  Fortunately Luke reminded me that I work in an office of people who love treats, and so ....

Needless to say, the cake was eaten by the end of the day.  It's rare that I bring a baked good for the office to enjoy (I blame my angry oven), but it was pretty awesome to see how excited people were to have some cake.  Even if it was just a cake from a box - it's still cake and therefore awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment