Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Feb. 25th: Learning From Others

Saturday I spent the evening at Second Storey Theatre volunteering with Front-of-House and watching some great improv.  I have to say that it's really awesome when you are surrounded by amazingly talented people who you have the pleasure to learn from.  It's too bad that I don't have more spare time to see more of the shows at Second Storey because I learn so much every time I go there.

I was originally planning to head home right after the show, but instead of making the mad dash to catch the bus in time one of my improv friends stopped me and offered me a ride to the skytrain instead.  I was happy to take up the offer to hang out with her more in the car ride to the skytrain.  And in doing so I was able to sit in on the notes session after the show.  Even though I wasn't in the show, it was such a great experience to have seen the show and hear the notes afterwards.  Some notes were expected, so weren't but made a lot of sense, and all of them were beneficial to hear.

Thank you improv friends for providing me with yet another fantastic learning opportunity!  Learning is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment