Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Feb. 29th: One Giant Leap for Awesome!

February 29th??? Well - that means it's this year's extra day!  You know what that means?  Extra AWESOME!

First let's start off with the huge belly laugh in the office caused by Andrea's awesome attempt (and disastrous failure) to be a figure skater on her office chair. Had she not gone for the spin it probably would have worked.  ... Andrea - I hope your knee is feeling better!

Oh, and of course there was that trip to Denny's for free pancakes because we were smart enough to wear our pink shirts on Pink Shirt Anti-Bullying Day.  And because free pancakes just aren't quite awesome enough, Denny's had the know-how to make them pink.  Free pinkcakes = awesome!

Then after a not so tiring 12 hour day of work, I get home and find an amazing package of goodies waiting for me from my parents including a lovely card mentioning that they included a little gift for me to show me how proud they were of everything I've undertaken to live my dream.  What did they get me?  A charm bracelet with a theatre masks charm.  I think I have just proven that I have the best parents ever!

And as if that weren't enough, I went ahead and made the best spontaneous purchase of my life.  Since my good friend Emilie moved to the Yukon I have been dying to make a trip up to see her.  Unfortunately my plans to see her often conflicted with plans to see family, or other life commitments.  So - it just never happened.  But when I found out the other day that flights from Vancouver to Whitehorse were on for just $99 - I immediately looked at my calendar, compared it with our theatres calendar and realized that this was meant to be.

If I were a more patient person perhaps I would have waited to confirm that I would have a travel buddy, but quite frankly I've been waiting too long to visit Emilie and the beauty of the Yukon.  So - I just booked my flight!  That's right - in early July I will be enjoying what it's like to not see the sun go down.  I am SO excited, I can't even explain it.  Usually after big purchases I have a bit of panic over spending a big chunk of money.  Not right now!  Now - all that I'm feeling is awesome!

Congratulations leap day - you have sufficiently filled your quota of awesome for the next four years!  It will be interesting to see if you can do it again in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment