Thursday, February 02, 2012

Feb. 1st: Inspirational Women

Today's awesomism are all of those amazing women who are, or should be, an inspiration to every young lady out there.

My inspiration for today's awesomism began when the incomparable Lucia Frangione stepped into the office.  I cannot think of another woman out there who carries such grace and confidence in such a classy and understated yet unmistakable way.  She radiates what it is to be a woman.  Strong, independent, sexy, yet humble, and securely vulnerable.  She knows that life is a beautiful thing to be cherished and most importantly experienced.  I aspire to have even just a portion of the grace and mindset of this woman.

Then later tonight I was inspired by more women as I sat and watched the opening night of Calendar Girls at the Stanley Theatre.  For those who don't know, Calendar Girls is about members of a Women's Institute chapter who create a nude calendar to raise money for the hospital where the husband of one of the women was treated for leukaemia before passing on.  It's inspired by a true story of a calendar which was released in 1999 by a WI Chapter.

The play itself was extremely inspirational, as was watching another primarily female cast on the Stanley stage.  But if that wasn't enough, I got a little teary-eyed at the end when the Artistic Director came out immediately following the curtain call to inform the cast audience that Trisha Stewart who inspired the role for Chris (played by Helen Mirren in the 2003 movie) was in the audience with us tonight.  How awesome is that?

All of these women are so extraordinary that it is my absolute pleasure to write about how awesome they are.  A big thank you to all of the women who have inspired my confidence and independence to make me the woman I am.  Thank you for your continued inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment