Friday, February 24, 2012

Feb. 24th: This Means War, Loewen!

Okay - so Andrea and I have been having a friendly battle about whether I've been sick or not these last couple of days.  I have admitted yesterday that I wasn't feeling 100% and therefore opted out of plans to enjoy a night at home to get back to full power.  But despite my best efforts, I felt that my percentage had actually dropped today, and for a moment this evening I almost surrendered and gave in and let a little bit of sickness ruin another night's plans.  But thanks to a delayed effect of drugs and Andrea's phone being turned off - I made my way out the door to win my pride back!  That's right, Loewen!  You may have won the battle, but I won the war!

And really I am SO glad I did.  Because the evening was filled with the awesomeness of seeing our friend Aleks on the big screen in This Means War.  True to form, he was epically awesome and hilarious in his role as the Karate Dad. We, of course, stuck around to see his name roll through the end credits so that we could give him our applause.  And to think that if my 6pm self had gotten its way, I wouldn't have seen it at all.

You know that phrase: "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything." Well I think it's kind of stupid.  I can get what people mean when they say it, but I have a hard time taking it seriously (possibly because I remember hearing it in The Princess Bride).  The fact is that if you haven't got your health, there are still lots of other things you could have.  Like JOY for instance!  Sure I could have stayed home and treated myself better, but I would have been miserable (trust me - I did it last night).  Part of what influences your physical health is your mental health.  I personally think I needed this night of fun and ridiculousness to bring me back to normal.  I feel so much better already!  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back to that 100%, but if I'm not then at least I had an awesome night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment