Monday, January 30, 2012

Jan. 30th: Heart Rate Increased!

After waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long, I finally got started on that age old New Years Resolution ... oh, what am I saying ... that general LIFE resolution of exercising more.

I was supposed to spend my evening doing some cardio kickboxing, but unfortunately I had scheduled myself into a meeting that did not allow me enough time to eat and get to the class on the time.  So I decided to compromise.  I made a delicious meal for myself and still got some physical activity walking the five minutes to the community centre instead of taking the crazy amount of time it would have taken to head out to Burnaby, just to show up very late for a 50 minute class.

It wasn't a crazy long work out but it was a good 45 minutes spent collectively on the elyptical, treadmill, and stairmaster.  And boy did it ever feel good.  Sorry, not good ... AWESOME!  Even the cold walk back home in the rain felt amazing.

The best part is knowing that I actually got off my butt to make it happen.  It's nice knowing that I can actually hold myself accountable for some things.  Hopefully next week I can maintain that theme and make sure I finally get to my class on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment