Monday, January 16, 2012

Jan. 12th: Pub night in Kits!

Thursday was a great evening.  It had some rough patches (caused by my being a wee bit crazy/emotional this past week) but I realized that I had a choice to make the evening difficult and unpleasant by staying in a mood, or I could get over myself have a nice night out.  So I gulped up my pride and it turned out to be a GREAT night.

Luke and I met up with his former roommate Lisa at her apartment (where he had lived when we first met) and then we went out for drinks and food at one of my favourite pubs - The Wolf and Hound.  True to form, we all ended up getting the Fish and Chips special, but Luke and I took it one step further by taking advantage of the drink specials too.

It was great to catch up with Lisa and revisit Luke's first home in Vancouver.  Kitsilano is a really beautiful place and I often miss it. I have a lot of found memories associated with Kits including my first apartment, the quick and easy (and frequent) walks to the beach, and of course Luke's and my first date and our stroll along Jericho!  I'm so glad that I didn't let my sour mood get in the way of creating more great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment