Thursday, January 05, 2012

Dec. 24th: Christmas with Family

I know that Christmas Eve isn't Christmas - but this year it kind of was.  I headed to the island for Christmas this year to spend the weekend with Luke's family. Hey - if I couldn't be with my own I definitely needed to be with some family.

Fortunately my family was going outside of their usual Christmas Day tradition and moving the usual Dec. 25th shenanigans to the 24th.  So as I was getting ready to leave my apartment I decided to save some packing space and join my family in opening up my presents with them ... or at least at the same time as them.  That way during my busy trip to the Island I could call them to ask how their Christmas was going and thank them for all of the lovely gifts.  And there were oodles!

It was a little weird to talk to them about Christmas presents while waiting at a ferry terminal watching the rain pour over the ocean on Dec. 24th - but nothing about this Christmas was 'normal' to me so it kind of worked that it was so different.  I was able to talk to the whole family before hopping on the boat to meet up with Luke and his family.  I've heard them say that Christmas was all about being with family - so while I didn't quite make it to Ontario, I think I did my best to make that saying as true as possible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment