Sunday, January 15, 2012

Jan. 10th: Meet only when necessary!

After two meetings on the Monday, I followed up the next day with another couple of meetings.  I know some people absolutely hate meetings.  I generally don't mind them.  I actually the opportunity to gather as a group to debrief projects, or come up with new ones.  What I don't enjoy about meetings is when they are entirely unproductive and unnecessary.  But I am glad to say that the Tuesday meetings were neither of those things.

The first meeting (that ended up taking WAY longer than we expected) was an important debrief meeting to discuss all of the things that had happened in December (ie. the donation campaign, A Christmas Carol, and Christmas Presence).  It was good to look at all of the efforts that were put in to making them work, and then finding out that in the end everything went really well - all things considered.  Then the meeting turned into a strategizing meeting for next season, which was also extremely helpful.  If nothing else, we are at least all on the same page as far as our understanding of the next season goes.  And that's pretty awesome!  Then my second meeting was with a potential apprentice for next season.  Often we don't have those meetings until March, so to get a head start on that was also pretty darn awesome.

But most awesome of all was finally confirming the status of another planned meeting.  The confirmed status: CANCELLED!  Why?  Because the low attendance of the meeting made the whole point of meeting irrelevant.  Now that I've signed up for so many other external projects, I have realized how much I value my time off.  So to hear that this evening was cancelled was a huge relief!

So - What did I do with my new found night off?  Enter the Jan. 11th blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment