Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Jan. 23rd: Forced motivation!

I had a bit of problem tonight.  I had good intentions for this evening.  I wanted to get my apartment cleaned up, wanted to finally get a work out in tonight, and then hopefully read one of the scripts I've been neglecting.  And then I saw my couch.  The minute I sat on my couch - all of those good intentions went out the window.

Now I know that I love to be busy, but every once in a while I also love to relax too.  And my favourite way to relax is by sitting on my couch and getting lost in TV land.  Unfortunately TV land can often be far more distracting then I would like.  I'm usually pretty good about getting stuff done even when the TV is on, but then there are those times when I somehow convince myself that I deserve a night of doing nothing.  And maybe I do - but I also deserve a clean apartment, a healthy lifestyle, and a good read.

So while it was really hard, I somehow forced myself to get off my couch and at least tidy my apartment.  It was not easy!  But my apartments's a little cleaner now and I've put a bunch of stuff away that should have been put away a month ago.  So while I still feel guilty about not getting all of the things done that I wanted to, I do feel good about not letting myself get away with sitting back and doing nothing.  And boy is it nice to at least get something done!

No comments:

Post a Comment