Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jan.1st: Starting the New Year off right - with some grits!

Well after a great night out we ended up making our way back to our hotel through the craziness of the French Quarter in time to get to bed before 1pm.  Which was necessary as our roomies needed to catch an early flight home.  We bid farewell to them and then enjoyed just a bit more sleep before we needed to pack up and check out of the room.

Fortunately we were able to leave our bags at the hotel so that we could continue enjoying our last day in this beautiful city.  The day started with an early lunch at the famous MOTHERS restaurant.  I ended up getting a breakfast, complete with grits.  They were a bit weird and bland, but overall the grits weren't too bad.  Plus - it was the perfect way to end my Nawlins food tour.

After brunch, we walked across the street to the location where Jenn and Bob's officially got married in February - which was one of my favourite moments of the whole trip.  Then we decided that before we had to head back to the airport that we would take one last trip to the Garden district and head to The Bulldog where they served what was probably the most delicious beers I have ever had - Covington Strawberry Beer (Jenn - did I get that right?)  Now I've had some delicious beers before, namely the Raspberry beer served at Brutopia in Montreal.  But there was something about this strawberry that was just so gosh darn refreshing.

After enjoying one last drink with friends it was back to the hotel to fetch our bags, and then off to the airport.  Now if only we could get past all those Saints fans!

I cannot thank Bob and Jenn enough for making sure that we got our butts out to New Orleans to see them.  The wedding was amazing, and I am so thrilled that I was able to be there to support them while being able to explore such a beautiful city.  It was an unforgettable experience that I will cherish always. Congratulations to you both and may you have a long and love-filled marriage!




I will miss you beaded trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment