Thursday, January 05, 2012

Dec. 23rd: Ugly Christmas Sweaters

So apparently 10 years ago 3 guys decided to host an extremely cheesy and awesome Christmas party at their house, which eventually became the beginning of one of the best annual events EVER - The Ugly Christmas Sweater Party!

Fortunately for me, I was able to check out this ridiculously awesome event by providing some of the entertainment.  That's right - the VOC Sweet Soul Gospel Choir started the party on the 23rd and got that Christmas Spirit flowing!  Unfortunately our choir started a little early before the party got into full swing, and I was not able to stay for the whole thing. But even in the only partially filled room I experienced a whole lot of awesome.  We took those ugly sweaters to Church and they LOVED it - as I knew they would.  Find some people who like cheesy epicness and booze, and give them some gospel Christmas music to dance along to - and there you'll find a party!!!

And to put that final cherry on top of this delicious Christmas Sundae - the whole event happened at one of my favourite music venues in the city - The Commodore.  It also happens to be the same venue where we hold the Jessies every year.  So I have been on the stage before (twice actually but we don't count the first time ... right Heather and Kim?).  But I have never performed on the stage before.  And while I'm definitely no 'singer' or 'musician' - having the honours to perform on that stage was pretty freaking fabulous!  Definitely a night I will never forget.  What a way to start the Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment