Monday, January 30, 2012

Jan. 28th: 3.5 Hours!

We all know how much I love theatre.  I talk about it all of the time and have blogged about it often.  So it comes as no surprise that I am going to talk about it again.

Saturday was a day full of theatre again.  And I'm not even kidding.  We literally went from one show to the other.  The reason for that was because the evening show was in Port Coquitlam and required a bit of a drive out to go see it.  Oh - and the matinee we went to see was THREE AND A HALF HOURS LONG. 

It was by far the longest show I had ever seen, but oddly enough it did not feel like the longest show I have ever seen.  I was engaged the entire way through, and completely captivated by the performances and the story. I guess Dostoyevsky can do that to you.  I'm not saying that the time flew by - it was still three and a half hours long after all.  But it was an amazing show and I am so glad that I was able to see it.  The Idiot was on my list of shows that I really wanted to see, and now I've seen it.  Sure it was three and a half hours - but it was three and a half hours of awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment