Friday, January 13, 2012

Jan. 8th: House Hunting!

I love house hunting!  Moving is whole different story - but going around to different places, looking at the different locations, apartment layouts and features, meeting the different landlords, then comparing the costs and benefits of each place until you find one that best suits your needs is actually a lot of fun.  So - when Luke decided to spend a portion of Sunday doing some house hunting in Abbotsford where he is now working, I was thrilled to join him.  I got all the benefits of house hunting without any of the stress of having to move.  Nice!

We ended up only looking at one place that day.  It was nice, but not absolutely spectacular.  We found out that it required a minimum 6 month lease which wasn't exactly conducive to Luke's 4 month co-op so that made the decision a little easier.  Still - it was nice to see what money can buy in Abbotsford compared to Vancouver.  The difference is quite significant and just a little bit upsetting.  It certainly wouldn't be worth it for me to live there and commute to Vancouver just to save a bit of money - especially considering that my commute would be especially long/expensive taking transit.  But for Luke to cut down his commute by paying a modest rent in Abbotsford is definitely worth it to him.

I'm personally content with my small, but rather spacious (as far as I'm concerned) 1-bedroom basement apartment in Vancouver with one of the more modest rents I have heard of out here.  Sure - a change might be nice, but that's what visits to Abbotsford are for!




No comments:

Post a Comment