Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jan. 3rd: First Day at Work!

Oddly enough - my awesomism for January 3rd has very little to do with me (especially since my first day back at work was the 2nd), but rather pertains to Luke's circumstance.  To provide a bit of background (especially to anyone who hasn't read the He Has Jobs post yet) - Luke has been in the classroom for the last 16 months straight, taking courses for his Mechanical Engineering degree.  This term he was finally able to take a break from the lectures and labs, with a co-op placement in Abbotsford.

Well Jan. 3rd was his first day on the job and I am pretty sure that I was more excited for this day than he was.  Perhaps that's because I had no reason to be nervous and anxious as well - but that's beside the point.  When he got home at the end of the day I couldn't wait to hear how the day went - and as expected it went splendidly.  He's working with a great group of people, doing a job he's pretty excited about, and even gets to have his own (dare I say bawlin') office.

All in all - things are looking up!  Next on the list is finding a place to live.  But thanks to his AWESOME girlfriend, he still has a bit of time until he needs to really worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment