Monday, January 02, 2012

Dec. 19th: Returning the Favour

OK - so yes - LOTS of catching up to do.  So no wasting time talking about it.  Let's just get 'er done.

After a lovely visit from my parents I was able to do something that I don't know if I have ever really had the ability to do before.  My parents have always gone above and beyond for me by going out of there way to move me to Montreal, constantly ship/bring things over to me in Vancouver, and the countless little trips to run errands just to make my life a little bit easier and better.

Well it wasn't much but on their way to their flights I was able to do a tiny little thing to make their lives easier and better.  It involved an early morning commute to the airport to deliver the much desired salmon pate that my Mom always gets when she visits Vancouver (or always requests when I head home to Ancaster).  To me it really was nothing, especially since I get up fairly early anyway.  But they were extremely grateful for the gesture.

Obviously there is no way that I can return all of the favours that they have done for me since my birth, but it was nice knowing that I was actually able to do one of those unnecessary but greatly appreciated favours for them.  Hopefully someday I can payback the rest of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment