Monday, January 02, 2012

Dec. 20th: He has jobs!

Sometimes having a long distance relationship can work out really well.  For instance - when I started my relationship with Luke I really wanted to focus my time on some artistic projects and endeavours.  Fortunately with the distance between us and the lack of distraction, I was able to maintain that focus and get a lot of things accomplished.  That being said - after almost 2 years of having to take ferries to see each other, I was craving some closer proximity.

Fortunately Luke is in a co-op program at school which means that he has work terms every so often.  And it just so happened that a place in Abbotsford (approximately an hour from Vancouver) was looking for some help.  So - Luke now has a job! In the lower mainland! Making drawings of impact wrenches (something that he is really excited about)! And more money as an undergrad than I do as someone with 2 degrees and 5 years experience in my field!  Wait - that last part wasn't very positive. 

Seriously though - I'm excited for four months of a somewhat normal relationship.  We actually get the chance to see each other EVERY weekend if we want to.  And possibly even more.  He can actually attend opening nights at the theatre with me.  And participate in game nights with friends!  I don't know if I'm ready for this drastic change, but I'm certainly excited for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment