Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Jan. 18th: Puppet Mittens!

Last year I made one of the best purchases I have ever made in my life.  That purchase was a pair of mittens.  I know, right?  Weird!  But very true.  I can't think of any think of anything else that I have purchased that has given me so much joy as these mittens.  The closest I have come was when I found the perfect pair of shoes at JC Penny several years ago that had that perfect 20s style heel that I loved and were by far the most comfortable shoes I had ever owned.  I loved them so much that as soon as I put them on I did a little jig.  The difference between those shoes and these mittens is that the mittens give me that jig-like giddiness every time I put them on.  Hey - that's what happens when you put your mittens on and realize that you are immediately equipped with puppets.

I actually love my mittens so much that I had to name them.  Their names are Maximillien and Adelaide.  Yesterday was actually their first day in the winter weather, but today I was able to enjoy them to the fullest.  Yesterday I put them on and smiled and became a little giddy, but I was never really able to play with them like I did today.  The beauty of having puppet mittens is that they provide a great distraction while waiting for a bus on a cold day.  I kept looking at them and making faces at them, and making them make faces at each other.  They really are the best invention ever.  They are a great example of how you can make something purposeful like mittens into something fun.  And really they are just so gosh darn adorable.

Yup - the zebra mittens are my awesomism of the day!  Having these guys with me almost makes me wish that winter lasted longer. ... almost.


No comments:

Post a Comment