Sunday, January 22, 2012

Jan. 22nd: Twin vs. King

I have mentioned this aloud a number of times, but I think it's time that I wrote this ridiculousness down.  So - I don't know if people know this but when Luke and I first got together Luke had a twin sized bed.  It is at this point that I would like to remind folks that Luke is a 6'5" man, so if there is anyone who should own a larger bed size, I think he should be one of them.  Fortunately, for a short period of time, he did have a larger bed size.  But unfortunately queen size beds don't fit in family sized trucks, so when he moved to Abbotsford he went back to the twin again.

Now here's the funny thing.  The twin bed doesn't really bother me.  I bring it up because I think it's hilarious that Luke, of all people, sleeps in a twin size bed, while I come home and sleep in a King.  For me a twin is no big deal.  I pretty much sleep all night in the fetal position so I take up very little room.  On my king, I maybe take up 1/6th of the space.  Plus if I'm going to share the twin with Luke then it pretty much means a night of cuddling - which I love!

But Luke is a different story.  Whenever he sleeps in my bed he either sprawls or sleeps on the diagonal.    In fact it's very easy for the two of us to sleep in my bed and toss and turn all night without even bumping into the other person.  Which suits Luke just fine because he gets really uncomfortable at night when it's too hot - but I like to bundle myself up so much that my skin becomes hot to the touch.  So a night without cuddling is often welcomed by Luke!

You would think that we might deicide to switch beds to better suit the needs of our sleeping conditions, but the fact of the matter is that I'm selfish and LOVE my king size bed.  No - I don't roll around a lot, but I enjoy having the option.  Plus it gives Luke and excuse to come visit my apartment just so he can stretch when he sleeps.

So here's to our beds!  To the KING that allows us our space and freedom, and the TWIN that keeps us together.


No comments:

Post a Comment