Friday, January 13, 2012

Jan. 6th: The 12th Day of Christmas Party!

When someone holds a Christmas Party a week into the New Year, it's already awesome!  But when you realize that you are actually celebrating Christmas on the 12th Day of Christmas (according to some cultures) then the awesomeness is .... duodecupled! ... the only slightly made up word meaning multiplied by 12.

I was so excited to be invited to Luke's sister's post-Holidays Christmas Party that I almost literally went with bells on, until I realized how quickly those bells would become exceedingly obnoxious.  I know that's never really stopped me before, but I was going to be with people I had never met before and I thought my own personality involved more obnoxiousness than most people could handle, so I decided to leaves the bells at home - and instead just go in my festive red and green with a big red bow in my hair.  ... you see what I mean about the obnoxiousness.

It was so much fun.  Mulled wine!  Delicious food spread!  Vegetables (much sought after post New Orleans cuisine)! And a good crowd of new people!  All of the makings of a great party.  Unfortunately the holidays tuckered a lot of people out I think, because the party didn't last much beyond midnight, but at least we made it that far.  I have a feeling that it was the last of the parties for this holiday season.  Only 11 more months to go until the next ones start up again!  ... good thing there are more holidays in between to make the wait time more bearable.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment