Thursday, January 05, 2012

Dec. 27th: Best friends EVER!!!

I often brag about having the best group of friends ever.  They are smart, beautiful, hilarious, sweet, and saucy and some of the most caring people in the world.  But if there was any chance of me forgetting how awesome they are, Andrea Loewen quashed that possibility by becoming mega-awesome.  That's right!  She took her awesome and multiplied it by 10 to the power of 6.  How, you might ask?  Well, sit down and I'll tell you a tale.

So this silly little girl Alison was finishing up work hurriedly so that she could catch a bus to the Seatac airport so that she could enjoy a magnificent holiday vacation in New Orleans.  But being the silly girl that she is, she left her cell phone at work.  Now - Alison was in hurry to catch the bus as she had timed her trip out perfectly so that any delay in her travels would affect all subsequent modes of transportation and could result in her not getting to New Orleans.  And she couldn't have that!!! But she also needed her phone so that she could make contact with her friends who she would be meeting in New Orleans (and she also just spent a ridonkulous amount of money to be able to contact her friends with her cell phone).  So Alison tried to figure out a way to get her phone without destroying her impeccable timeline.  "AH-HA!" She exclaimed!  "I'll call Andrea.  She's still at work and would have time to get the phone to me before the bus comes.  It's a long shot but it's worth a try."  So Alison called Andrea and explained the situation before asking the immense favour, and Andrea said "Of course I'll help you.  You are my friend and you need help, and I'd be happy to go 40 minutes out of my way to help you out because that's what awesome friends do.  And, in case you didn't know, I am awesome!" And so Andrea crossed busy streets, and travelled on hot and sweaty buses, and jam-packed trains to give Alison her cell phone.  And Alison was so pleased that when she saw Andrea she gave her a big, long and slightly awkward hug. And as Alison rode down the escalator, waving good-bye, on the way to her bus a single tear rolled down her cheek as she thought of the kindness and beauty that was Andrea Loewen.

And that's pretty much exactly how it happened.  And you might be thinking to yourself "Well my friend would do the same for me?" To which I would reply "Maybe.  Maybe your friend WOULD do that for you.  But my friend DID do that for me." And you just can't argue with that.  Case closed.  Best friends ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment