Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jan. 2nd: From beautiful to beautiful!

Here's the thing about leaving an amazing vacation in a beautiful city and arriving home in Vancouver - it still feels like vacation!  As our plane was descending into Vancouver (after midnight and therefore taking place on the 2nd, making this blog post legit) I had this overwhelming sense of excitement and pride.  I was sad to say good-bye to such a great vacation - but I was thrilled to look out of my window to see the city lights, the glow from the lights on Grouse Mountain, and the faint glistening of the ocean and realize "This is where I call home."

I have to admit that I don't get that feeling when I go to Hamilton.  When I head to Ontario my excitement comes from knowing that I will get to see my family and friends, but not from the geography itself.  When I arrive in Vancouver I get excited about my friends, my work, and the city itself!  And I think that's pretty awesome.

That being said - I am still really craving a trip to Ontario.  Soon enough!  Soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment