Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jan. 19th: New Grocery Solutions.

So - there were a few things I could have written about today.  For instance - I could have written about seeing RED at the Vancouver Playhouse tonight.  Or getting over my embarassment of having to deal with illness while watching a live show.  Or maybe I could have written about the fact that the two times I called transit to confirm bus times today were 9:57am AND 9:57pm today - come on, what are the chances?

But no - I'm going to write about something totally nerdy like the fact that the Shoppers Drug Mart in the South Granville has moved and is now twice the size of the original location.  Yes - it's ridiculous that I'm so excited about it, but I'm not the only one.  My friends and I have talked at lengths about how excited we are about the new location.  And in fact, Andrea also blogged about Shoppers before because she knows awesome when she sees it (even if it means she's less of a hippie).

Andrea and I passed by the new Shoppers yesterday hoping to check it out, only to find out that it was opening on Monday.  But apparently they lied to us, because as I walked in to work this morning I found a number of people going in and out of the new store.  Very quickly I became one of them.  It turns out that the entire first floor of this new Shoppers is a grocery mart.  And a CHEAP grocery mart.  I bought triscuit crackers, the sun rype veggie plus juice, a big block of cheese, oreo cookies, and a box of tea for only $15!  And the best part is, this Shoppers is right on the way to the bus that takes me straight to my house - so when I leave work and realize that I'm out of eggs, milk, yogurt, cheese, cereal (or some other basic food item) then I have a quick place to pick it up without needing to spend a crazy amount of money.  

I'm such a nerd.  I know!  But you have no idea how much of a convenience this new store has added to my life.  Oh - life is AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment