Sunday, January 29, 2012

Jan. 25th: Sick Day!

So - despite my awesome choice to stay home on Tuesday night (which was still awesome even if ineffective) I woke up on Wednesday morning feeling just as faint as I did on Tuesday and still extremely feverish.

I very rarely take sick days at work, but it seemed that this was the perfect time to take one.  I remember even back in school I rarely ever stayed home sick.  I remember us saying that the only way we would be allowed to stay home is if we were bleeding from our eyeballs.  ... That wasn't exactly true, but we were definitely the kids that would be in class with a full blown cold sneezing and coughing every couple of minutes, making all of the other kids hate us because we were spreading our germs everywhere.

I often maintain that same mentality when it comes to work, but Wednesday was a necessary day to stay at home.  And did it ever feel good!  Actually the only time it felt bad was when I got a little cabin fever and tried to do a bit of work by running a little errand that required going out to Burnaby to pick up 200 chocolate bars.  Well I got the job done, but it certainly wasn't the healthy choice.

But the sick day was the healthy choice!  I strongly recommend it for anyone who is even remotely ill.


No comments:

Post a Comment