Monday, January 30, 2012

Jan. 29th: Back at it!

You would have thought that after the depressing year without choir and the immediate change in energy and pep that came from getting it back, that I might have learned how much I needed it in my life.  But apparently not.

Since the New Year I've been feeling a little lethargic.  I've been happy and well but there's just been a certain something missing.  And today I found it.  His name is CHECO!!!  I know I know!  I've talked about Checo and choir before but I have to talk about it again.  Today was the first time since the New Year when I felt like my peppy self again, because today was the day that I finally took the shackles off my feet so I could dance.

This is not to say that the previous days of 2012 haven't been awesome.  I am just saying that today I feel right again, and I remember the exact moment when it happened.  As soon as I got on my feet and started singing "I still have my joy"I got it back.  It not only activates my soul, but it heals it even when I never knew it was wounded.  Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.  It is gospel music after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment