Monday, January 16, 2012

Jan. 13th: Change of Plans!

After too many days of me being difficult I wanted to try to do something nice for Luke on Friday.  He had been talking for a while about how much he wanted to see HUGO.  And since the last time we went to the theatres, he was extremely accommodating and indulged me in my decision to go see the Muppets, I figured that it was only appropriate that I treat him to a night out of seeing HUGO.

But evening plans got a little confusing when Luke received some unfortunate then fortunate news about housing that made him stay in Abbotsford just a little longer than he normally would have.  In the end we ended up meeting at my apartment and then were planning to go to the theatre from there.  But there was a lot of time to kill before the movie so we thought we could sneak in an episode of Sherlock on Netflix before heading out.  WISHFUL THINKING!

It turns out that when we both lay down together and start cuddling, we both end up getting kind of sleepy.  Which meant that instead of us watching a quick episode and then heading to the theatre, we both enjoyed a VERY long nap.  My body is still getting used to all of this sleep, so after sleeping for over an hour I woke up and started working on some things (like the blog, finally uploading New Orleans photos to my facebook page, etc.) but Luke's a pro and was able to sleep through the night.

Sure - I'm just ever so disappointed that we never made it out to the movie, but I would never want to change how we ended up spending the evening.  Sometimes things happen for a reason.  And I'm pretty sure we'll get another chance to go see Hugo before it leaves theatres.


No comments:

Post a Comment