Sunday, January 15, 2012

Jan. 11th: Relaxation!

Yup - it was a night off and I pretty much just slept and relaxed.  What is more awesome than that?  Oh wait - coming home to a home cooked meal.  That's pretty darn awesome!  We all know how much I hate to cook, so when I come home feeling faint and sick, to find out that my boyfriend had a meal waiting for me was amazing!  And it was made all the more amazing with him realizing that I wasn't feeling well and letting me take the time I needed to just sit back relax and feel better, all while he went for a walk to get some more food that would help make me feel better.  Super sweet, right?

Unfortunately I find myself in a predicament now.  Luke has gotten into a habit of being super sweet, and understanding that I think I have now come to a point where I expect nothing less.  And that is NOT a good place.  I don't ever want to take his kindness for granted, so I am adding to my resolution that I become a better partner by remembering to express my thanks and love for all of those little things that often go unnoticed.  The key will be to make sure to do it even during those times when I'm cranky and being irrational.

This new resolution is going to be a lot more challenging than the first - but I am confident I can do it.  I'd better!  Otherwise, I'm going to be the one to pay the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment